Welcome to the 2021 Scholarship Program of the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley (CFFRV).
The Community Foundation Scholarship Program consists of separate scholarship funds created by individual donors who establish specific criteria for the administration of their scholarships.
Such criteria must be consistent with overall Community Foundation policy.
Scholarships are available to local students who will attend an accredited post-secondary institution within the United States of America on a full-time basis.
Please review the information below for more information regarding application access, general policies, primary eligibility requirements, and types of scholarships available.
One application only is required from any one student to be considered for any scholarship offered through the Community Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Students apply to the Community Foundation Scholarship Program as a whole, not for a particular scholarship, and are considered for any scholarship in which they are eligible.
- The philosophy of the Community Foundation Scholarship Program is to help as many individual students as possible, therefore only one scholarship may be received by any one student in any given year although they may be eligible for several different scholarships offered.
- The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley reserves the right to amend or to modify the scope of the Scholarship Program.
Primary Eligibility Requirements
Students must complete their high school education during, at the conclusion of, or prior to the current academic year as follows.
- High School Diploma from a public, private, parochial, or online school
- Home-Schooled High School Education
General Educational Development (GED) certificate or state certificate
Students must attend an accredited post-secondary institution within the United States of America during the upcoming academic year.
Students must pursue studies (career/technical/vocational, undergraduate, graduate, etc.) on a full-time basis during the upcoming academic year.
Students must maintain a permanent address located within the Community Foundation Scholarship Program service area (a few exceptions apply).
- A permanent address is usually a parent’s home or the address listed on a driver’s license, voters registration card, FAFSA, etc. It is most likely NOT a temporary on/off college campus address.
- The Community Foundation Scholarship Program service area includes the following areas within the State of Illinois:
Types of Scholarships
Most scholarships offered through the Community Foundation Scholarship Program are based on academic ability and financial need. A few scholarships are based on academic ability without consideration of financial need.
The monetary value of each scholarship varies depending upon the amount available in each individual scholarship fund.
Scholarship awards are designated as non-renewable, single-year awards or renewable, multi-year awards depending upon the scholarship fund criteria, as established by the donor of the scholarship fund.
To learn more about the various scholarship funds administered by the Community Foundation and their donors, please view the:
- Scholarship Fund profile pages
- Scholarship Program Guide (coming soon)
The application for a 2021-2022 scholarship will be made available soon and will be due on January 11, 2021.
The deadline date and time for the 2021 Scholarship Program application submission is January 11, 2021 at 4:00 PM CST.
Visit the CFFRV Scholarship Portal below to access the 2021 Scholarship Program application.
- New Users: Please click on “Create New Account” to complete the registration process and create your logon credentials.
- Existing Users: Please enter your credentials and log on. If you forgot your password, please use the “Forgot your Password” link to the left to reset your password.
- If you need assistance, please contact the CFFRV Scholarship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 331-208-9421.
Please visit the FAQ Page prior to starting the application as it offers answers to many commonly asked questions.
- Applicants should save the CFFRV Scholarship Portal address of cffrv.gives/SchPortal
- Applicants should check their email regularly as:
- Updates or other necessary information will be communicated via email.
- Notices regarding application decisions will be sent via email in early May 2021.
To stay up-to-date on Scholarship Program news, be sure to find us on Facebook.