View/Download Guidelines & Application Procedures PDF
ABOUT THE FUND
The Elgin Covid Response Fund (ECRF) has been established through the leadership of the following partners: the City of Elgin, United Way Metro Chicago (formally United Way of Elgin), Grand Victoria Foundation, Seigle Family Foundation, Kaptain Family Trust, Wisdom Family Foundation and Hoffer Family Foundation. The fund is graciously hosted and administered at no cost by the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go back into the community. The primary goal of the fund is to provide support to local nonprofits for the purpose of providing direct financial assistance to individuals and families facing urgent, financial need as a result of the pandemic.
In order to be eligible, organizations should be located in the greater Elgin area and have a demonstrated history serving residents of the city of Elgin. Organizations and agencies who have not served Elgin in the past are ineligible for ECRF.
The ECRF will prioritize those agencies applying to serve Elgin residents who are ineligible to receive benefits/assistance and those from vulnerable or disproportionately impacted communities.
ECRF can be distributed by organizations to individuals and families for the following reasons:
- Food & Grocery Support
- Housing/Rental Assistance
- Medical Costs Associated with COVID
- PPE (masks & gloves)
PURPOSE AND GRANT AMOUNTS
ECRF is a $500-$7,500 grant restricted specifically for the purpose of providing direct financial assistance to individuals and families facing urgent, financial need as a result of the pandemic.
501(c)(3) non-profit organizations can apply for the ECRF grant to administer the funds to individuals and families in need.
- Grants shall be made to non-profit agencies located within the greater Elgin area that can show they serve residents of the city of Elgin. Grants shall be made for providing direct financial assistance to individuals and families facing urgent, financial need because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants shall submit evidence of 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Grants shall be one-time awards.
Grants from the Elgin Covid Response Fund shall not be used for the following:
- To pay for operational costs.
- To fund endowments, contingency funds, reserves, interest, or taxes.
- For sectarian or religious purposes or for organizations operated primarily for the benefit of their own membership.
- For the payment of individuals, private foundations, political organizations, or campaigns.
- To purchase benefit tickets, respond to telephone solicitations, or national fund-raising efforts.
- For any purpose that discriminates as to race, creed, sex, or ethnic group.
Nonprofit organizations wishing to submit a grant application must submit a brief online application through the online grants portal of the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley accessible here.
- Applications are due by 5 p.m. on June 17, 2020.
- A steering committee consisting of a representative of each of the funders that initiated the fund shall decide on the approval or denial of all requests.
- The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley shall represent the decisions of the Advisory Committee and respond accordingly to all nonprofit agencies’ requests for funding via the online portal.
- If an agency is approved for funding, funding shall be made available immediately upon receipt of a digitally signed grant agreement outlining the parameters of the grant award.
- A brief final report on all funded projects shall be required within one year of the grant award. Other reports on project status and/or accomplishments may be requested by the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley at a later date.