Coming Soon – November 10, 2020
Giving Tuesday Challenge
Welcome and thank you for your interest in participating in the Giving Tuesday Challenge.
Giving Tuesday is a national fundraising day for nonprofit organizations. On December 1, 2020, individuals across the nation will be focused on giving in their local neighborhoods. In an effort to promote Giving Tuesday and support nonprofits in our community, Dunham Fund and the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley are partnering together to provide a challenge grant program for nonprofits. The goal of this grant program is to challenge nonprofits in our service area to utilize the strategies that have been known to produce positive outcomes and success.
The process is simple:
- Every organization that submits a complete application through this grant portal will have their name placed in the lottery.
- Twelve (12) eligible nonprofit names will be drawn during the Giving Tuesday Celebration on December 15, 2020.
- Each organization whose name is drawn will be awarded $2,000.
Agencies interested in submitting their application for the challenge must complete the following steps and provide the following information:
- Complete basic organization information to initiate the application, including uploading 501c3 and providing a link to the agency’s website.
- Provide GIving Tuesday project name and fundraising goal amount
- Upload a hi-res logo of the organization.
- Upload a picture of an agency representative and/or team holding a sign with “#ILGive”, “GivingTuesday” or a word of inspiration on an 8 ½” x 10” sheet of paper.
- Upload the customized THANK YOU message that the organization is providing to donors upon receipt of each donation during the campaign
- Submit a screenshot of (5) “unique” messages on social media platforms, for example, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram.
- Provide the total dollar amount raised during the Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Provide the total number of donors.
*A nonprofit cannot use (1) message across several platforms and count that as (5) unique messages.
Each nonprofit organization that completes steps 1 – 5 by 11/16/20, will receive a recently released book authored by a local nonprofit leader, Gloria Kelley, Executive Director of CASA Kane County, entitled No Surprises: Leading in the Non-Profit World.
Giving Tuesday Challenge Grant Guidelines
- Applications will be available from November 10, 2020 – December 3, 2020. Agencies can start the application beginning November 10, 2020, and add information to the application throughout this time period.
- Nonprofit organizations must complete the application by 4:00 pm, December 3, 2020.
- Nonprofit organizations must be in the service area of the Dunham Fund and Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley, including the areas of Aurora, Kendall County, and the TriCities.
- Submit all of the information required in the grant application. Only complete applications will be considered eligible.
- There are no restrictions on the grant funding that will be provided to the organizations whose names are drawn.
- Receipt of a Giving Tuesday Challenge Grant does not impact an organization’s application to the Dunham Fund or Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley’s other grant programs.