In 2008, the Foundation for the West Aurora Schools and the West Aurora High School Alumni Association were merged to form the A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools.
The goals of the A+ Foundation are to enrich the curriculum of West Aurora School District 129, inspire excellence in students and staff, expand opportunities for community involvement and foster alumni connections.
You may donate on this page to support future School District 129 programs and projects that are approved by the A+ Foundation. Your gift also may be made in honor or in memory of a family member or friend.
Contributions to this traditional pass-thru fund are available in their entirety to benefit the educational excellence of School District 129.
The A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools also is responsible for the support and endorsement, and in some cases the oversight and grant management, of the following charitable funds which are administered by the Community Foundation:
- A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools Administrative Endowment Fund
- A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools Fund-a-Need Fund
- A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools Reading Endowment Fund
- Dr. Sherry R. Eagle Educational Endowment Fund
- Goodwin 50th Anniversary Park Restoration Fund
- Sten & Lucille Halfvarson Endowment Fund
- Janet Kircher Isler Endowment Fund
- John “Jack” Harkness Memorial Fund
- Meg Papadolias Endowment Fund
- My Genius Now Fund
- Smith Elementary School Scholarship
- Smith School Playground Fund
- West Aurora High School Alumni Scholarship Fund
- West Aurora High School Fund in Memory of Richard J. Dorsey
- West Aurora High School Library Endowment Fund
- Richard & Carole Wyatt Endowment Fund
In 2009, the A+ Foundation launched a unique opportunity for donors to connect directly with classroom needs. The Fund-A-Need program enables School District 129 teachers and staff to promote the needs of their students on the A+ Foundation website. Donors then are able to choose and fund those needs directly.
To learn more about this exciting program and to review the variety of proposals, please visit the website of the A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools. Information on ways to donate to this program also is available on the school foundation’s website.
A History of West Aurora School District 129
In 2016, the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley partnered with the A+ Foundation for West Aurora Schools in preserving the history of West Aurora School District 129. Together they produced a collection of photographs, biographies, a video and more highlighting the impressive history of the West Aurora Schools.
Explore the History of West Aurora School District 129