This fund was created through a generous bequest from the estate of Barbara Engelbracht.
Miss Engelbracht (1916-1998), a lifelong Auroran, was employed at Northern Illinois Gas Company for many years.
She enjoyed music and had participated in a vocal group in her youth. She also was a lifetime member of St. Nicholas Catholic Church.
Her mother’s family owned and operated Olinger Dry Goods Store in downtown Aurora in the early 1900’s.
Miss Engelbracht is pictured here (on the right) with her sister (Evelyn) and brother (John) in this photo from the 1940’s.