The Geneva Construction Company Endowment Fund was created by the Geneva Construction Company to provide income for the Community Foundation’s discretionary grantmaking program. Originally created in 1961, the fund was established as an endowment in 2015.
Geneva Construction Company was founded in 1926 in Geneva, Illinois by the McCarthy Improvement Co. of Davenport, Iowa which at the time was building many of the early residential streets in the Fox Valley. The McCarthy Improvement Co. named Gilbert N. Bryan as the first president of Geneva Construction Company. In 1935 the company relocated to Aurora, Illinois in the Old Second National Bank Building until it moved in 1967 to its current site on the Fox River at Indian Trail. Its asphalt plant was located at the Indian Trail location until 1970 when it was moved to its current location on Butterfield Rd. in North Aurora. This plant was recently updated to a 400 ton drum plant with storage capacity of 1300 ton.
The Company was purchased by the Bryan Family in 1978. Upon the retirement of John G. Bryan as president in 1997, the company has been under the direction of his two sons John P. and Mike to continue the tradition of providing quality pavements. Since its inception in 1926, Geneva Construction Company has produced and laid over 10 million tons of asphalt which equates to over 9000 miles of two lane roadways.
Geneva Construction Company has been named outstanding bituminous contractor of the year by the Illinois Department of Transportation and has received five quality pavement awards from the National Asphalt Pavement Association. Currently, the North Aurora asphalt plant has received Diamond Achievement Commendation from NAPA for its dedication to excellence in plant/site operations and their involvement within our community.