This scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded annually to one eligible applicant. This scholarship is a one-year award and is non-renewable.
To be eligible, applicants must meet these criteria:
- Residency requirements
- Community Foundation service area
- Type of Student Requirements
- Graduating High School Senior from any of high schools in service area
- Indo American
- Hindu Faith
- GED students are NOT eligible
- Homeschooled students are NOT eligible
- Requirement for field or fields of study and/or career guidelines
- Financial Need Requirement
- Merit Based Requirement
- None outside of restrictions set by the Community Foundation (Student must have a 2.0 minimum GPA to apply for a scholarship with the Community Foundation.)
- Community Service Requirement
- Must indicate performed community service, volunteered in the community.