This fund was created by Louis N. Vago (1925-2015) to respond to the changing needs of area charitable organizations.
Mr. Vago received his law degree from DePaul University.
He was a certified public accountant and an agent for the Internal Revenue Service.
He then founded and was president of General Aluminum Corporation from 1960-1986.
Louis Vago was a director of the Community Foundation for twenty-two years.
He also maintained memberships in numerous professional and civic organizations including the Illinois Bar Association, Kane County Bar Association, Elks Lodge and the Knights of Columbus.
This fund was created in 1986 and established as an endowment in 1990.