Welcome to the Fund Advisor Portal system!
We at the Community Foundation have been working hard to implement this new technology to improve the experience for you, our Fund Advisors. We are excited to launch this system in its current iteration and ask for your continued patience as we bring additional features online over the coming months. We have assembled this quick-reference guide to introduce the basics of the Fund Advisor Portal.
Note: Certain features of the system pertain only to certain types of funds. For example, Designated Endowment Fund distributions occur only once per year; thus, advisors for this particular type of fund should not attempt to enter grant requests through the Fund Advisor Portal. In addition, Restricted Fund advisors will continue requesting distributions by using the Distribution Suggested Form for Restricted Funds.
Establishing your login and password: You should have received an email from CFFRV explaining how to establish your Fund Advisor Portal account. This email contained a form to complete with your contact information, the name of your fund(s), and statement preferences. Please email us if you have not received this email.
Once we receive your form, CFFRV staff will initiate your account by confirming your eligibility to serve as an advisor to one or more charitable funds. This eligibility is determined by the Fund Advisors documented in the fund’s term agreements and amendments. If updates are needed, please have any of the documented individuals reach out to the CFFRV for assistance. Once the process has been initiated, you will receive an automated email from sender “email@example.com.” You will notice “Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley” referenced in the email’s subject line. The automated email will instruct you on the steps to create a custom password specific to your account. Take note of your username and password as you complete this process. Please delete this automated email once you have successfully completed this process. The link contained in the email is only to be used for establishing your initial password.
Accessing the system: To access the portal at any time, simply visit cffrv.gives/FundPortal from any web browser (including most smartphones and tablets). Sign in using your username and password established in the step outlined above.
If you serve as an advisor for multiple charitable funds, you will see the “Choose Fund” menu once you have successfully signed in. Choose the particular fund with which you wish to interact. If you are listed as an advisor for only one fund, you will not see this screen.
The main “Home” screen provides an at-a-glance list of Recent Contributions received into the fund and Recent Grants paid out of the fund. You will also see the Current Balance, updated in real-time, and the current Fund Advisors will be indicated just below the balance. Note that each person listed will have similar access to the Fund Advisor Portal.
The menu bar along the top of the window provides the following additional options:
Contributions – Another look at recent contributions to the fund. You will note that an “Export” option appears on the far right side of the menu bar. This feature will export information about each donation into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Choose Fund – allows you to select a different fund for which you serve as an advisor donor. This tab only appears for advisors of multiple funds.
Grants – provides more detail about all grants paid from this charitable fund. The top section provides a summary of grants by recipient (aka, grantee). Scroll down past the summary section to see an itemized list of grants paid in descending order (most recent first).
- Look for the word “Complete” in the Status column to know the grant has been paid.
- Other status indicators will appear as the grant moves along our internal processes. Only the status “Complete” confirms that a grant has been successfully paid.
Grant Requests – use this tab to recommend a grant payment from your Donor Advised Fund. Note: Endowment, Restricted, and Scholarship fund holders will not utilize this tab.
You will find the Grant Requests window divided into four sections:
- The Grants Listing appears in the right half of the window. Here you will find each grant recommended/paid from this charitable fund listed in descending date order. Look for the word “Complete” in the Status column to confirm a grant has been successfully paid.
- The first portion on the left side of the screen is labeled Choose From Previous Grantee. You can recommend additional payments to any recipient previously paid from this fund using this handy tool.
- Search for Other Grantees – This box queries the complete list of nonprofit organizations holding current 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Enter Grantee Information Manually – the last section allows you to manually enter the information we will need to process your grant recommendation. The fields marked with a red asterisk are required; providing all the requested information allows us to ensure your grant recommendation is processed as accurately and efficiently as possible.
Statements – Your fund statements will appear under the Statements tab. This ensures each statement is archived in one convenient location that can be accessed at any time by any of the fund advisors. Note: Your portal Statements tab will show your fund’s activity starting from mid-September 2017 and onward.
Files – Important documents related to this charitable fund will be archived here.
Donate – Use this tab to make a contribution to your fund. Click “Donate To A Fund” at the top right to make a donation to another fund administered by the Community Foundation.
Logout: – If you access the Fund Advisor Portal from a shared computer or device, we strongly encourage you to use the Logout option after completing each session. This ensures no one other than you has access to the system.