Thank you to all of those who have completed applications for this grantmaking program. We are not currently accepting applications for review at this time. We will continue to evaluate needs that arise as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley is proud to partner with Aurora Women’s Empowerment Foundation, Dunham Fund, Fox Valley United Way, and INC Board to create the Fox Valley Grantmakers COVID-19 Response Fund.
This fund is dedicated to supporting nonprofits in the greater Fox Valley region, (Greater Aurora Area, TriCities, Kendall County) acknowledging their increasingly tireless efforts amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
WHAT WILL THE FUND SUPPORT?
The Fund will provide rapid-response grants to nonprofit organizations in our community who are in need of critical funding to maintain operations and support the increased demand for services. While this fund will not make direct grants to individuals, we will be awarding funding to nonprofit organizations that provide financial assistance to individuals.
- Nonprofits can apply for operating, program, or capital needs that are in demand because of the COVID-19 pandemic, including technology needs of agencies who are serving clients while sheltered in place.
- Preference will be given to requests meeting basic human needs of residents in our community, including but not limited to food, shelter, safety, health, mental health.
- The average anticipated grant award will be between $1,000-$20,000.
HOW WILL THE FUND OPERATE?
The steps are simple:
- Nonprofits will need to complete a brief online application detailing their needs.
- A committee will review the applications as they are received on a weekly basis.
- Nonprofits will receive a response within two – three weeks of their submission of a request.